When you have a hearth, then it is a good idea to invest in glass fireplace doors. Why? Listed here are a few of the top reasons why you ought to purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be quite attractive and striking additions to your general fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors become a barrier between your home and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you are paying money to heat your chimney. During the summertime months, you spend to cool it!
Other items that you should know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you utilize glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed as the fire is burning, you are likely to need to clean ash out from the glass fire doors vent after each and every few times of use. The vent is essential – it allows your fire to burn just outside air to ensure that all of the warm air from the interior of your home can not escape up through your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that could withstand very high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass all the way through and are highly heat resistant. Obviously, for these benefits, you are likely to have to pay a lot more than you’d for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from getting into the room. Obviously, tempered glass fireplace doors can still increase the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the extra airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you have a choice, though, opt for ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Make fully sure your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you would like them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Obviously, the greater sealed your doors are, the dirty they are likely to get. You may have to pay additional time cleaning the soot from well sealed glass fireplace doors – you don’t want to ruin your view of the fire.
· One way to keep carefully the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to set up a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are effective at keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire out of your family room, realize they can still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, by simply touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your children are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your children are old enough, you might elect to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have been put to bed.